Situated in the heart of Harlington, this low beamed traditional village pub was first licensed in 1790. The Grade II listed building was once a Coaching Inn and has the original mounting stone outside the entrance to the Village Bar. Its recently erected ‘Blue Plaque’ pays homage to the First English Grand National Steeplechase which commenced opposite the pub on 8th March 1830. The License was granted in 1790 and the first named Licensee was Thomas Stanbridge, a carpenter by trade, in 1796. The Listings of Landlords are displayed in the pub from 1790 until present.